The following conferences for undergraduate research in physics and related fields are among those scheduled for the next few months. This is not a complete list, and it is sorted by conference date, NOT application deadline!
- PhysCon 2016 Quadrennial Physics Congress, Nov 3-5, Silicon Valley, abs deadline Oct 14
- Kentucky Academy of Science (KAS), Nov 4-5, Louisville, abs deadline Oct 7
- Science and Technology of Materials (AVS) Symposium, Nov 6-11, Nashville, reg deadline Oct 17
- Southeast Section of the Americal Physical Society (SESAPS), Nov 9-12, Charlottesville, abs deadline Oct 7
- American Astronomical Society (AAS), Jan 3-7, Grapevine, TX, abs deadline Oct 4
- Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWiP), Jan 13-15, various, abs deadline Oct 14
- American Physical Society (APS) “April” Meeting, Jan 27-31, DC, abs deadline Sep 30
- American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT), Feb 18-21, Atlanta, late abs deadline Sep 16
- Posters at the Capitol (PoC), Mar 2, Frankfort, abs deadline Oct 14
- American Physical Society (APS) “March” Meeting, Mar 13-17, New Orleans, abs deadline Nov 11
- WKU Student Research Conference (WKU-SRC), Mar ??, WKU, abs deadline Feb ??
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), Apr 6-8, Memphis, abs deadline Dec 2
Interested students are strongly encouraged to consider attending one or more of these conferences to gain experience presenting their research, learn of new developments in the field, and meet other students and professionals who can provide insights on research, academia, and career opportunities.