Meeting Minutes 5-3-16
1) The annual Sigma Pi Sigma Banquet was last Friday. Our newly inducted officers are Nikola Cvijanovic, President-Elect, and James Pierce, Treasurer.
2) There will be an end of the year luncheon on Wednesday, May 11 at 12:00. This will be a nice time to take a break from finals week. We will convene in the back hallway, just as we do for the Holiday Luncheon. Barbecue, buns, and drinks will be provided; faculty are asked to bring a side dish. A sign up sheet is in the office. There is no cost for students: there is a suggested $10.00 donation for faculty. If you can’t make it to the office to sign up, you can call the office at 270-745-4357.
3) Summer recruitment plans were discussed:
+ MasterPlan Student Activities Fair
+ Bake sale at DSU during MasterPlan?
+ Recruitment: posters and side-walk chalk
+ Possible summer trip to Holiday World in Indiana; more to come
4) We are beginning to plan the field trip for next semester. Possible destinations include Oak Ridge National Labs and the Huntsville Space Museum, possibly during fall break.
5) We are discussing outreach ideas for local schools; more to come.