Meeting Minutes 3-1-16
1) The SPS T-shirts have been ordered and will cost $10 each. They should be in the week after spring break. Please pay when you receive your shirt.
2) The spring picnic is scheduled for Saturday, April 16th from 11:00 – 3:00 at Covington Woods Park. The SPS will provide burgers, hotdogs, chips, and drinks. Please bring a side dish or dessert.
3) Officer nominations for the 2016-2017 academic year are being held now! The President-Elect and Treasurer positions are open. If you would like to run for one of these positions or nominate someone else, please stop by the SPS room. The nomination period will end on Friday, March 18th. View officer duties here.
4) The planned trip to Oak Ridge National Labs may be cancelled due to scheduling conflicts. More information to come.
5) The end of the year SPS banquet is being planned now. It will be held on a Friday evening towards the end of the semester. Department awards will be given out, new Sigma Pi Sigma members will be inducted, and the new officers will be sworn in. If you would like to help with planning this, have a suggestion, or would like more information, please contact one of the officers.
6) We are currently setting up a text alert system. If you would like to receive text reminders of SPS events and news, please stop by the SPS room to write down your phone number.
7) Physics department faculty are considering having an end of the year luncheon, similar to the holiday luncheon. If you would like to weigh in on this idea, please contact Dr. Carini.