Novikov : Research
Publication list is available at my Google scholar profile or at Research Gate
List of projects for new Undergraduate and Gatton Academy students:
We are always looking for new students to work with us. Below is the list of projects you can immediately contribute to. I believe that as a result you will be able to present at the KY Academy of Science Annual Meeting, Southeast Section of APS meeting, Poster at the Capitol event and other appropriate conferences.
Computations with GPU:
- Damped driven harmonic oscillator
- We have a modified experimental setup by PASCO which can be used to experimentally measure bifurcations. We are looking for a student(s) who would be interested in taking and analyze data.
- What you will learn: Classical mechanics, Python programming, data analysis techniques
- Requirements: time (crucial), University Physics I or equivalent (desired)
- Rolling Can Experiment:
- Use of Deep Learning (DL) technique for particle track classification:
- We use existing Cloud Chamber to observe particle tracks and build DL algorithm to classified particle tracks
- Various groups are developing a similar approach for a particle classification for various High Energy Physics experiments.
- What you will learn: Nuclear and particle physics, Python programming, DL data analysis techniques
- Requirements: time (crucial), some background in programming (desired), Modern Physics or equivalent (desired)
- We are looking for student to learn CUDA C to implement various algorithms on NVIDIA 1080Ti GPU or at WKU HPCC
- What you will learn: CUDA C/C++ programming, Monte Carlo technique
- Requirements: time (crucial), some background in programming (crucial), background in C or C++ (desired)