Trip to SEASAPS to be Discussed at Next SPS Meeting
The next meeting of the WKU Chapter of the Society of Physics Students is slated for Thursday, September 9 at 5:00 PM in the SPS Room. One of the items on the agenda for this meeting is going to be discussion of an upcoming trip sponsored by the Physics and Astronomy department and WKU SPS to the 77th Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Section of the American Physical Society (SESAPS). We have added a permanent link to SESAPS in the Conferences section of our homepage. Dr. Ed Kintzel will be the faculty member taking students to this conference.
If you would like to go on this trip then please attend the upcoming SPS meeting. We need to know who will be attending as soon as possible to make arrangements.
We encourage all Physics and Astronomy students to submit an abstract for a postdeadline paper presentation at the SESAPS meeting. To submit an abstract:
- Talk it over with your research advisor.
- Go to the SESAPS home page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link for the link for the meeting in the Upcoming Meetings section.
- Click on the Submit an Abstract link.
- Click on the Start a Submission link.
- Select the checkbox for the 77th Annual SESAPS meeting and keep going to complete the submission.
The deadline for submitting a postdeadline abstract is September 24, 2010.